MIAMI, FL - In times of a world pandemic still going on and a very strong polarization and politization of trivial topics, being anti-vaxxer is definitely a concept I not only don’t understand, but ultimately, I don’t agree upon and most importantly, one which I’m actively against to.
At this point into the pandemic, I don’t want to fall into the temptation of explaining what experts in the field of science, biology, virology, immunology, etc, have said during all this time regarding the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine against COVID-19 but, well, here I go: it is safe and it is highly effective. For details, go to the experts’ platforms all over the specialized Internet portals.
Said that, to me is absolutely unthinkable that a professional athlete, a number one in his sport, an example for the youth, a role model in all what the word entails, is so vocal about his position against science. As a matter of fact, it’s sad, very sad.
Fortunately, he doesn’t represent the majority of the top athletes in the world; unfortunately, he is the top athlete in his sport.
Now, Australia has shown a principle that, directly or indirectly we break more than it should be broken and that is: nobody is above the law, period. You can be good in what you do, or you can be the best in what you do, or you can be even be the cream of the top in what you do, which is the case with Djokovic, with lots of fame and fortune, but, you’re not above the law and Australia has shown that’s the case.
Thanks, Australia, for leading by example, for letting everybody know that the law is the law no matter who you are.
Kudos for the land of kangaroos!
Originally reported by Ricardo Martinez

No comments:
Post a Comment