Wednesday, November 17, 2021

The Rittenhouse trial or circus.

Miami, FL - At this point, I really don't know what's left to watch in the Rittenhouse trial: the judge making racial jokes or Rittenhouse attempt to a mockery tearless cry a-la-Hollywood style or the very accused reaching into a raffle drum and drew numbered slips that determined which of the 18 jurors who sat through the case would deliberate and which ones would be dismissed as alternates, which is a never-seen thing according not only to the general public but to specialized attorneys and journalists. All that before deliberations even started.

Today, 7 women, 5 men and 1 person of color will decide the future of Rittenhouse that, I hope for the well-being of the nation, the jury find him guilty because, he is. If you see the video, which is fully documented and even with different angles of vision, you can tell with no doubt that he not only started the whole situation, which is one of the most solid arguments of the prosecution: "You can't argue self-defense when you start the crisis", but you can clearly see that the accused doesn't have any respect for human life.

I'm not a lawyer, I'm not a specialist in legal matters, but I have common sense, criteria and know a thing or two about certain procedures related to what happened that night and I can state, confidently, that the accused is absolutely guilty of all the charges.

However, if he is acquitted or at least from the major charges, it will be a natural consequence of a racist-based criminal justice system, a systemic racism in the fabric of the American society and it will propel a social and civil unrest similar to the one caused by Floyd's death and to be honest, I think it will be totally fair because the accused deserves to be in prison for murdering to people and hurting a third one based only on his skin color and his racism, prejudice and utter ignorance of what morality, empathy and a peaceful society mean.

RM

No comments: